Custom Search

Tuesday 15 June 2010

The work situation - update

I sent in a CV for Aerial Extreme (like Go Ape) ages ago, and a few weeks ago got invited to a recruitment morning. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job. They didn't contact those who didn't get it, so I don't know why. It could have been something as simple as not being able to work on their busiest week because of the centenary camp.

The supply situation is also not going well. In five weeks, I have worked for just two days. So I'm still trying to come up with alternative ways of making money...

However, for September it looks a bit brighter. I'm filling in an application for a job at the moment, though there is the risk the interviews could end up being when I'm on Tall Ships. It's a 200 mile a week commute, so if I get the job, I'll also be getting a new, and more economical car! (I really want a Citroen C3 Picasso. Had one as a hire car in Spain and managed 600km on half a tank of diesel!)

I also had a call from the agency about a long term post from September (not sure whether it's one or two terms, or even the whole year). However, this one has two drawbacks. One - the school teaches French and German, whereas I teach French and Spanish. I do have AS German, so can teach it to GCSE, but it'd mean far more work, and not something I want to do on my NQT year. The other, more major drawback - it's close by. Very close by. I live in the catchment area, and do get the kids from this school walking down my street, and all round the area...

So hopefully one of the two will work out. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment